Sunday, October 18, 2009

Celebrating and Missing Daddy

So it is really hard to believe that the last fall feast is over. Where is the days, weeks, and months going?!?! For Tabernacles we set up our "pop-up" Sukkot in the living room and had a few dinners and family Bible times in it. It was snug and cozy when you try to feed a family of five in there. Ahhh, great memories! We also had cupcakes to celebrate Jesus's birth. L enjoyed singing Happy Birthday to Him.
The day after celebrating J left for L.A. for a conference. L had a really hard time with this and cried on and off all day on Sunday and then randomly throughout the week. J used to travel so much but I soon realized that L was too little to remember those days. I try to completely change the schedule up when J is away. It seems like the kids and I handle things better that way. After we left the airport we headed back to the zoo. I had promised the kids one train ride this year and I thought this would be the perfect distraction. It was a gloomy day and I was REALLY worried the train wouldn't be running. Praise the Lord it was!!! I did not have a back up plan!!!

The kids love riding the train. They were especially excited about getting to ride in the caboose facing backwards.


H can't wait for the ride to begin.


After the train we went to see if the tiger was up. Even though there is that piece of glass there I always take a step back when he comes right up to the window! That is a big cat! H has absolutely no fear when it comes to animals.


When we went over to the white tiger he was happily resting but as soon as I set H down by the window he jumped up and came over. Mmmmm midday snack.
We survived J being gone and were all happy to see him when he came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment