Monday, May 23, 2011

Not According to Plan But Still Blessed Abundantly

At the last minute we decided to split the Mothers Day festivities into two days instead of trying to cram it all into one. On Saturday we went out for lunch at Uptown Kitchen. My absolute favorite! I hadn't been since they moved to the new location and it was fabulous as always. We then did some quick errands before we had to head to church.

On Sunday I woke up to breakfast being made for me. I had been up about five times that night and I eventually ended up sleeping in the family room. I tried to pretend I was sleeping but after an hour I gave up. My family may be the noisiest chefs I have ever heard. Breakfast was lovely. We were then suppose to go to the beach for the day.......but that didn't happen. After breakfast I started not feeling well and thirty minutes later I realized that it was going to be one of my "excruciating, I'll take any pain medicine I can find, I'm not going anywhere" chronic pain sort of days. I was disappointed and the kids were disappointed. Curly Bear offered to drag me on a sled up the dunes. I told her that I didn't think that would work for more than five minutes. She tried really hard to convince me otherwise. I was so glad we had already gone out to lunch the day before! Thankfully by that night things were back down to a bearable state. A medicated state, but bearable. There was one point that my organic eating, natural living, completely against medication self was begging Prince Charming to take me to the hospital to get some "good" pain relievers. I was dreaming of a morphine drip. Even though our plans were messed up I still enjoyed Mother's Day with many cuddles, many kisses, funny songs sung for me, and an all day movie day with my family. I am abundantly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment