Sunday, May 25, 2008

Our Garden Experiment

So this summer we are trying out container gardening. I'm so tired of spending so much on organic produce and am looking for a way to cut the cost down a bit. Because of our deer and other wildlife and the neighborhood association rules I figured this might be the easiest way to have a garden. So after some research Liah and I set out to buy some plants and seeds. Liah was very excited and enjoyed riding around on the garden cart while we made our choices.

Liah liked lining up all the plants on the front porch before we planted them.

We planted tomatoes, lettuce and spinach, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, zucchini, peas, carrots(Liah insisted on these even though I'm not expecting them to grow that great but I'm hoping to be surprised), and some herbs. Here Liah is "dumping" her carrot seeds in. I tried to spread them around but we'll see.


Here is the finished product. I also did quite a bit of landscaping and planting of flowers today. Of course there is still a ton to do but all in all it was a very successful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment