Saturday, June 9, 2012

Stubborn

Lovebird is definitely winning the award for "Most Stubborn" child.  She lives up to her names meaning of Princess.  She is now 18 months old and at her well baby check up was refusing to walk.  Now we knew she could do it.  We had seen her do it.  If she felt like it or something was being offered that she really wanted.  She also wasn't using as many words as she should have been.  Why use words when shrieking at the top of your lungs and pointing always gets an immediate response from an older sibling?  He asked me if I wanted to have a First Steps consultation.  Thankfully he's the father of 5 and really was relaxed about the whole thing and trusts my judgement.  I told him if she wasn't walking or talking more by 20 months then I would consider it.  I told him I think she is just stubborn and really just chooses not to walk and talk.  To which Lovebird immediately looked straight at him, smiled big, and shook her head yes!  He looked at me and said, "I would definitely agree.  I think she is fine."  Oh and she started to choose to walk and talk a few days after that appointment.  She obviously didn't want people to think she was not living up to what those medical books say she should be accomplishing.
This is her stubborn look caught on camera.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment