Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Week Back


B, L, and cousin E at Dutch Village May 2009

So our first week of school is going fairly well. Getting back on schedule is never easy and throw in a birthday party, Dr.'s appointments, and a sick husband it is darn near impossible. But I am very happy that we have done it! I am very proud of us especially since we've been on "sick schedule". Whenever we have any sickness go through our house, which isn't very often, everyone gets to sleep in and we don't have a set time of getting up. It's amazing what that extra sleep can do for your immune system. It normally keeps it contained to just one person and so far J has been the only one sick. The rest of us have been a little run down but that's it. Praying that is how it stays!

I feel so blessed that I can homeschool my children. L is loving Kindergarten and it is going fairly smoothly. She is my child who gets in there and gets it done so she can then do something fun. Then there is B. B is my thinker and daydreamer. It usually takes him awhile to get his work done because he's always thinking about something. It's usually some deep spiritual question that I have to research the answer for. I love B's deep thinking but at times it wears on my patience. I think I say, "Just DO IT!" about a hundred times a day. It's so funny that I have the two most opposite children possible living in my house. B is very in tune with Spiritual matters while L isn't and I worry on a daily basis if she's getting "it". L is such a "never give up" person while B sometimes needs some extra coaxing to get him to try anything he didn't get the first time. B also has a hard time with the fact that 3rd grade work is just going to take longer than Kindergarten work.

Then there is little H. H is the cutest thing ever. She wants to do everything the big kids do which has been a challenge since they don't make school books for 17 month olds. I've taken the best pictures of her this last week and I can't wait to post them. I am trying to gather ideas for things she can do while the older ones are doing school. I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks she will fall into our school schedule a little better. I thought she would just have fun playing with toys but she wants to be sitting with us doing something. I have a feeling that kid will be reading by age 3. More homeschooling posts and pics. to come. I now have to go try to get some cleaning done. That is one thing that always falls behind once school starts back up. And throw in the fact I was behind on cleaning when school started......yeah, not a good thing.


1 comment:

  1. I love your banner picture!!! It's so cute. Glad to hear your back in the school mode. Thanks so much for dinner last week! It was wonderful to catch up. I may drop Owen off two days after all...how would you feel about that?!? Love, Danielle

    ReplyDelete