Monday, January 4, 2010
Goals for 2010: Reading
So I have many goals for 2010 and will be posting on them throughout the week. My first goal is not only to do more Bible reading but also more recreational/learning reading as well. I did fairly well last year with 6 books. Now to you avid readers this is a rather pathetic number but for this VERY busy and tired mama I think it was a great accomplishment. I have a list of 14 books I would like to read in 2010. I figured one a month was an attainable goal if I really try. So 14 will be pushing me a little. Some of the books J and I will be reading together. Yes, we have been reading Family Driven Faith for about 8 months now but I'm determined to finish it by the end of this week. Finding time to read for me is hard but finding an extra couple of minutes to read with J seems nearly impossible. We'll be working on that. Here is my 2010 book list.
1. Ten P's in the Pod
2. Family Driven Faith(with J)
3. Practicing Hospitality: The Joy of Serving Others
4. The hidden Art of Homemaking
5. When You Rise Up: A covenantal approach to homeschooling
6. Permission Granted to do Church Different in the 21st Century(with J)
7. Mark of the Lion: A voice in the wind
8. Mark of the Lion: an echo in the darkness
9. Mark of the Lion: as sure as the dawn
10. The Mother at Home
11. The Family Integrated Church(with J)
12. Be Fruitful and Multiply(with J)
13. Beloved Bride: The letters of Stonewall Jackson to his wife.
14. Marriage to a Difficult Man: The uncommon union of Jonathan and Sarah Edwards
I have the book list in the sidebar of this blog so I can easily reference it and so it's there staring me in the face to remind me of my goal. Sometimes I need that.