Sunday, January 17, 2010

Can't Comprehend

When I think about living in a slum.....I can't comprehend it.
When I try to imagine watching everything around me crumble.....I can't comprehend it.
When I think about my child being hurt but there is no Dr. to take them to.....I can't comprehend it.
When I think about hundreds of orphans sleeping outside in a field.....I can't comprehend it.
When I think about the need to wear a mask to try to alleviate the stench of death.....I can't comprehend it.
When I think of a body of my loved one being dumped into a mass grave and never knowing what happened to them.....I can't comprehend it.
When I think about how desperate I would need to be to consider leaving two of my children behind to save one.....I can't comprehend it.
When my 9 year old can't comprehend how God would allow tens of thousands of people to die and all the above mentioned occur.....I can't explain it.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

The people of Haiti have constantly been on our minds and our hearts these past couple of days. Although I really felt a lack of words to answers B's questions a couple of days ago I'm so grateful I have God's Word to find those answers.

Here is a link of an outreach in Haiti that desperately needs funding so they can continue to help the people of Haiti in this time of great need.
heartlineministries.org
You can also purchase Help Haiti Shirts and the proceeds also go towards this outreach along with another one.
http://helphaitishirt.com

1 comment: