Sunday, September 13, 2009

Homeschooling with a Toddler

H working on her Old Testament thesis that's due at the end of the semester.
I'm getting ready for another week and while I'm looking forward to it I really hope H fits a little better into the school schedule. Homeschooling with her toddling around has definitely thrown me for a loop. H is SUCH a content child but she is also becoming a very independent child. I just figured that she would play while we did school and she would join in for the parts that might appeal to her. Well.....H has decided that she is ready to sit at the big table and do school....NOW! In the next two weeks it's my goal to get the "School Box" made up of age appropriate activities for her.
Here are some of the things I plan to put in it:
  • Some $1 workbooks I found at Target. I think she will love these considering she is constantly trying to write in B and L's math books.
  • Lacing Cards
  • Counting Bears or Animals
  • I'm going to rotate 1-2 puzzles from the puzzle bin that she can master.
  • I'm also thinking about rotating out electronic learning games as long as she doesn't distract the other kids.
  • coloring books

I'm still coming up with a couple more ideas. Hopefully H will love her special "School Box" and it will help keep the distractions down. When she gets bored with the box she can work on the above mentioned Old Testament Thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment